5 WAYS TO... Make 2017 better for your business.
We all have aspirations every year of growing our business or doing that one thing that's going to take it to the next level. Here's five tips to make your 2017 more profitable.
1. Make sure your website is mobile - It's not just important to have a website anymore, but that customers can view your site whenever and wherever they bring it up. This means that your site has to be view-able and functional whether they are viewing it on there desktop, laptop, mobile phone or tablet device.There are a couple of options you have here. One is to have a site that is mobile friendly, meaning that your site's content is still view-able and functions correctly even if your customers aren't viewing your site on your desktop. The other option is to have a site that has a "responsive" design meaning that it will change the design of the site to match whichever device a customer is viewing it on.
2. Stop selling on Facebook -
If you started a Facebook page simply to sell a product or business, your missing the point of Facebook. Not only will you frustrate your friends and family, but you will alienate those customers that actually want to know about the things your business does have going on.Stick to what Facebook is good for - networking and socializing. Let your customers get to know and trust your business instead of trying to whack-a-mole them with your next product offer. For social media to be worth your while you need to make it part of your inbound, not outbound, marketing strategy.
3. Start selling on YouTube -
If I asked you what the #1 search engine was, most of you would be correct in guessing Google, but if I asked you what the #2 search engine was, what would your guess be? Yahoo? Bing? How many of you would guess YouTube?For a number of years now YouTube has been recognized as the #2 search engine that your customers are going to when they want to find out information about a topic. And next to every video that plays on YouTube is a list of other related videos for your customers to view. Not having videos in the mix on topics that relate to your business means that your customers are finding other answers to their product and service needs when they are in a buying mood.
4. Run Facebook ad campaigns -
Wondering if your customers actually use social media in their buying decisions and whether you should even bother with social media at all? Take a look at these statistics... • Consumers are 71% more likely to make a purchase based on social media referrals (Hubspot) • 15,100,000 consumers go to social media channels before making purchase decisions (Knowledge Networks) • 74% of consumers rely on social networks to guide purchase decisions (SproutSocial)Facebook ad campaigns are highly effective for driving customers to your website and Facebook page. They also work extremely well for targeting specific markets of customers.
5. Make good videos and share them with the world -
The biggest obstacle between a visitor to your website and making a sale is trust. Video is a great way to let customers see what you are all about.Videos have been proven to increase conversions by 80% or more. It has also been shown that businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video. It’s important to make good videos, however, as it has been found that 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor quality video. #marketingtips